Thanks to the informative presentation and detailed demo, the guests had a chance to discover the solutions to minimize the effects of disruption due to disasters and find out how Azure Backup and Azure Site Recovery can protect data and applications as well as recover from a disaster. Especially, with many interesting questions raised by the attendees in the Q&A, Softline can consult and share details about suitable solutions to each case, which bring a lot of useful information to the attending businesses.
For most companies today, the fast-growing data can be the challenges on business continuity as:
- Too many complications, problems, and mistakes
- Too much data with insufficient protection
- Not enough data retention
- Time-intensive media management
- Untested DR & decreasing recovery confidence
- Increasing costs
To address the above obstacles, in this webinar, Softline brings to the customers automated tools that help businesses make tighter integration between systems & availability/ data protection, increase breadth and depth of continuity protection, eliminate tape management, implement testable solutions to data recovery while still ensuring to achieve cost and operation stability, which is Azure Backup and Azure Site Recovery.
Azure Backup is a cost-effective, secure, one-click backup solution which is scalable based on your backup storage needs. The centralized management interface makes it easy to define backup policies and protect a wide range of enterprise workloads, including Azure Virtual Machines, SQL and SAP databases, and Azure file shares.
Azure Backup’s centralized backup service and solution can help protect against ransomware thanks to:
- Centralized management: Monitor, operate, govern, and optimize data protection at scale in a unified and consistent manner using Backup Center.
- Application consistency: Back up and restore data from virtual machines with application consistency in Windows using Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS) and in Linux with pre- and post- processing scripts.
- Multiple-workload support: Back up Azure Virtual Machine, on-premises servers, SQL Server and SAP HANA on Azure Virtual Machines, Azure Files, and Azure Database for PostgreSQL.
- Durable storage options: Store backups in locally redundant storage (LRS), geo-redundant storage (GRS), and zone-redundant storage (ZRS).
Azure Site Recovery is a native disaster recovery as a service (DRaaS) which helps your business keep running – even during major IT outages. This service offers ease of deployment, cost-effectiveness, and dependability. Deploying replication, failover, and recovery processes through Site Recovery can help keep your applications running during planned and unplanned outages.
There are some outstanding features of Azure Site Recovery:
- Simple to deploy and manage: Set up Azure Site Recovery simply by replicating an Azure VM to a different Azure region directly from the Azure portal. As a fully integrated offering, Site Recovery is automatically updated with new Azure features as they’re released. Minimize recovery issues by sequencing the order of multi-tier applications running on multiple virtual machines. Ensure compliance by testing your disaster recovery plan without impacting production workloads or end users. And keep applications available during outages with automatic recovery from on-premises to Azure or Azure to another Azure region.
- Reduce infrastructure costs: Reduce the cost of deploying, monitoring, patching, and maintaining on-premises disaster recovery infrastructure by eliminating the need for building or maintaining a costly secondary datacenter. Plus, you pay only for the compute resources you need to support your applications in Azure.
- Minimized downtime with dependable recovery: Easily comply with industry regulations such as ISO 27001 by enabling Site Recovery between separate Azure regions. Scale coverage to as many business-critical applications as you need, backed by Azure’s service availability and support. Restore your most recent data quickly with Site Recovery.
The webinar ended with engaging live demos and lively discussion between the speakers and the attendees. With the helpful knowledge the speaker shared, Softline believes the businesses can get the valuable information and find the right solution for each organization.
We also congratulate 5 customers on wining the gifts from the event and hope to see all of you at the next webinars!
Contact Softline to get the webinar document and get in-depth consulting!
For additional information: