In the morning of March 24, 2022, a webinar with the topic “Defend your business with Microsoft 365” that was organized by Softline Cambodia was more successful than expected with more than 90 attendees from different companies across the country.
During a 2-hour session of comprehensively presenting and lively discussion between the speakers and attendees, Softline shared a lot of useful information, increasing the awareness of the importance of security in businesses. With Microsoft 365 Compliance offering introduced, the attendees also learnt how to utilize them for data discovery, data classification, data protection and data leak prevention.
In today’s digital age, widespread cloud usage and fast-growing data volumes, combined with hundreds of scratch-built applications and the use of various consumer devices have broken an organization’s compliance postures. IT executives and risk professionals who are responsible for resulting gaps and blind spots, are not clear who inside their organization have access to their data. The best course of action for handling the new data landscape isn't to restrict employee access excessively or to punish minor faults harshly. Organizations require a system that gives employees the access they require while also giving IT staff the capabilities they need to swiftly detect harmful insider activity. When developing an insider risk program, striking the right mix of trust is crucial, as it can foster a culture of empathy that allows people to work safely and autonomously. Let's look at how Microsoft 365 Compliance can assist organizations in overcoming these obstacles.
Microsoft 365 compliance is a bundle of solutions that help organizations intelligently assess their compliance risks, govern and safeguard sensitive data, and respond to regulatory requirements effectively. With many extended scenarios, Microsoft 365 compliance enables organizations to adapt, extend, integrate, accelerate, and support their compliance solutions. Below is the catalogue of Microsoft 365 compliance that is divided into 2 sections as below:
1. Information protection & governance section – help you classify, protect, and retain your data where it lives and wherever it goes. Microsoft offers integrated capabilities of information protection and governance with 4 principles:
- Know your data. Understand your data landscape and identify important data across your hybrid environment.
- Protect your data. Apply flexible protection actions including encryption, access restrictions, and visual markings.
- Prevent data loss. Detect risky behavior and prevent accidental oversharing of sensitive information.
- Govern your data. Automatically retain, delete, and store data and records in a compliant manner.
2. Insider risk management section – the section on the home page shows you quickly how your organization can identify, analyze, and take action on internal risks before they cause any harm to your organizations.
From here, you’ll see cards for the following solutions:
- Communication compliance:helps organizations foster safe and compliant communications across corporate communications.
- Insider risk management:helps minimize internal risks by empowering security teams to detect and act on malicious and inadvertent activities in your organization.
3. Discovery & response section – the section on the home page shows you at a glance how your organization can quickly find, investigate, and respond to compliance issues with relevant data.
- Audit: Records user and admin activity from your organization so you can search the audit log and investigate a comprehensive list of activities across all locations and services.
- Data subject requests: Finds and exports a user's personal data to help you respond to data subject requests for GDPR.
- Core eDiscovery: Searches across content locations to identify, preserve, and export data in response to legal discovery requests and eDiscovery cases.
- Advanced eDiscovery: Builds on eDiscovery capabilities by providing intelligent analytics and machine learning to help you further analyze data that's relevant to discovery requests.
Contact Softline to get the webinar recording and detailed support!
T: +855 23 99 00 39