This is an opportunity for Softline and Cloudflare to share with customers all information related to DDOS attacks commonly happening not only in Cambodia but also in many other countries. Our solutions aim to prevent these attacks from happening at the early stages and ensure business security.
The webinar began with an overview of Softline’s business presented by Mr. Phen Munissara – Country Sales Manager. He welcomed and gave thanks to all customers for their time to join our monthly webinar. Softline is proud to be the IT leader in the market that provides digital, security solutions and services. We are striving to keep our customers informed of the latest trends, the newest technology information through the webinars.
Representing Cloudflare was Ms. Tu Mai – Enterprise Account, Cambodia Lead. She shared cybersecurity issues including the challenges and ways to approach DDOS attacks in the 1st quarter of 2021, and recommended the solutions to address their rising concerns.
The first quarter of 2021 was characterized by the continuation of the 2020 ransom DDOS campaign, with high-volumetric attacks targeting the finance sector. According to Ms. Tu Mai, there are some solutions that need preparing to protect businesses from cyber threats:
- Utilize an automated always-on DDOS protection service by onboarding to a cloud service that has sufficient network capacity and automated DDOS mitigation systems.
- Work with your vendors to build and understand your threat model. Every network is different, and each poses unique challenges. Therefore, you should work with your DDOS protection vendors to tailor mitigation strategies relevant to your workload.
- Create a contingency plan and train your teams, educate all your employees, even non-techies, on what to do if they receive a ransom email.
The webinar was continued by the presentation of Mr. Sang Pham - Security, Practice Lead, Softline, focusing on the detailed information of Cloudflare solution and how Cloudflare products can help organizations keep end-user data private and secure.
As he shared, Cloudflare was recognized as a “Leader” in The Forrester Wave for DDOS Mitigation Solution. Cloudflare offers a wide variety of security and networking services, which can protect against DDOS thanks to its technical advantages:
- Dynamically Managed iptables: Dynamically drop packets that hit Cloudflare Network cards. Our customer stack of high-performance filters enables us to scale to block high volumes of network traffic.
- Automated Mitigation: Aggregate all traffic to develop automatic mitigation heuristics which dramatically reduces the need for humans to intervene to block traffic.
- CPU Efficiency: Sustain larger attacks by bypassing kernel and offload to the user space. This allows millions of packets per second per server to be processed.
Softline is proud to be a valued partner of Cloudflare in Cambodia as well as all over the world. With th highly professional and technical experience experts, we have deployed Cloudflare security solutions for many large and small businesses all over the world. Contact Softline now to get the support and consultant for implementing security solutions for your business!
Thank you for your time and hope to welcome you in the next webinars!